Head Chef Giovanni De Rosa from the Off The Wall Restaurant unveils his latest menu, combining hearty classics with fine dining. To mark the launch of his new winter menu, we chatted with the head chef to find out his favourite dish and gather some insider tips including recipe of the month.
BRAISED LAMB SHANK IS THE WINNER
Giovanni's favourite dish from the Off The Wall winter menu is the braised lamb shank served with parsnip purée, winter vegetables and a delectable thyme jus. The head chef has chosen the lamb shank as his number one dish to cook, prepare and of course consume!
This warming, delicious dish has a long cooking process which results in rich flavours, giving your mouth a wonderful sensation of pure heaven. The thyme jus alone takes 2½ days to make - with this much love and effort going in to the sauce you know the whole dish is going to be a winner.
Giovanni's inspiration behind the mouth-watering dish originates from his Italian roots. His inspiration comes from the famous Italian dish Osso Buco which uses the ossi buchi (veal shin), a dish he frequently makes back home.
The braised lamb shank has meat so tender it falls off the bone and melts in your mouth and has quickly become his wife's favourite dish too!
WINTER WALDORF SALAD RECIPE - TRY AT HOME
The winter Waldorf salad is the perfect winter salad and includes celery, apples and walnuts – all of which are in season from October, giving you a lovely sweet crunch with each delicious bite.
- 1 x red skinned apple (such as Braeburn)
- 1 x green apple (Granny Smith)
- 1 x pomegranate
- ½ x lemon juice
- 1 x cos lettuce
- 1 x handful of seedless white grapes
- 1 x celery stalk cut into chunks
- 1 x handful of fresh watercress
- 1 x handful of walnuts
- 1 x table spoon of truffle honey
- 1 x pinch of salt
- 1 x pinch of pepper
Prepare to serve:
- One leaf of cos lettuce on the bottom of the plate
- Mix all ingredients together using all different cut shapes
- Add ingredients into the cos lettuce
- Drizzle the truffle honey over the top of the salad
- Add a touch of salt and pepper
- Ready to eat - enjoy!