Inspired by The Lampery’s patron, Samuel Pepys, and Andrea’s passion for creating delicious dishes, this wonderfully moist banana cake makes the perfect snack to indulge in morning, noon and night - and best of all, it’s super simple to make.
His top tip when creating this delectable dish is to use very ripe bananas for a more flavoursome cake. You can also make this recipe your own by adding in additional fillings like a handful of nuts, sultanas or chocolate chunks to the mixture before pouring into the prepared tin.
270g self-raising flour
15g baking powder
120g caster sugar
70g melted butter
2 ripe bananas
- Heat the oven to 175C.
- Grease a loaf tin or other cake mould of your choice with butter to prevent the cake mixture from sticking to the sides of the tin.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and butter until smooth.
- Mash the banana with a fork and fold into the cake mixture
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and put in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes. You’ll know your cake is ready when you can put a skewer into the middle of the cake, and it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and then enjoy!
We’d love to see if you make this delicious banana bread at home. Please tag us in your pictures @ApexHotels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and let us know how you get on. Will you add any additional fillings to make this recipe your own?