1.1. Free cancellation rates
Free Cancellation Rates allow you to amend or cancel your reservation up until 2pm (local time) the day prior to your arrival without charge. A valid credit card is required at time of reservation as a guarantee, which will be charged in the case of late cancellation or no show.
1.2. Non-refundable rates
Non-Refundable Rates are fully pre-paid at time of reservation and are non-refundable and non-transferable in the event of cancellation.
1.3. Promotional rates
Promotional Rates are limited offers, available directly with Apex Hotels only. These can be withdrawn without prior notice and may be subject to a minimum night length of stay, lead time or other restrictions. Specific terms, conditions and restrictions can be found on the promotional rate information at time of reservation and on the confirmation email, sent after.
All promotional rates apply to new reservations only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and do not apply to group reservations (a reservation of 9 rooms or more is considered a group).
All rates are subject to availability.
Rates are updated periodically and whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of all prices, regrettably, errors do very occasionally occur. Where an incorrect price is displayed and is clearly a genuine and honest mistake, we shall not be bound by such price. We reserve the right to cancel or amend any reservations made at incorrectly offered prices. We will endeavour to contact all guests affected by such a scenario before taking any action in relation to amending the rate or cancelling the reservation. This applies to reservations made through any and all channels, including, but not limited to, our own website and the various online travel agencies that we partner with.
2. Book Direct Benefits
- Complimentary room upgrade – subject to availability.
- £10 voucher – one £10 voucher will be awarded per room, per stay. Multiple bookings of consecutive nights will only be issued with one voucher. Voucher can be redeemed on dining, drinks (including in-room dining) and spa treatments (at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa only). Voucher cannot be redeemed for payment of accommodation, breakfast, including in-room breakfast or spa retail products. Cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Apex Hotels reserve the right to withdraw this benefit at any time without prior notice.
3. Kids stay and eat free
- Children aged 12 years or under staying at our hotels can eat and drink from our kids’ menu for free, when dining with an accompanying paying adult staying and dining at the hotel.
- Children aged 13 to 17 stay for free however pay for all meals consumed at the hotel.
- A maximum of two children per room may be accommodated subject to availability of suitable family rooms.
- Christmas Day, New Years’ Eve dinners and private events are excluded.
- Please note that under the Hotel Proprietors Act persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult when staying at Apex Hotels.
4. Best Rate Guarantee
- Make a reservation directly with Apex Hotels on www.apexhotels.co.uk, or by calling our reservations centre on 0800 049 8000.
- The “comparison rate” must be found and a completed claim submitted within 24 hours of making your Apex Hotels reservation and must be for the same hotel, room type, rate terms and reservation dates. All claims must be submitted at least 24 hours before check-in time. The website address of the comparison site should be submitted for us to verify the rate is different.
- If the lower rate qualifies, then we will match that lower rate and give you an additional 10% off. For example: if you book a room with Apex Hotels for £100 and find a lower rate on a different site for £80 and submit a valid claim, we will set your new rate to £72 [£80 – (£80 x 10%) = £72].
- Applies to all publicly available rates (e.g. excludes negotiated or group rates)
- Excludes discount rates for Government, Seniors and Reward programmes
- Excludes promotional rates and package rates that include other components
- Excludes rates on auction sites
- Excludes rates available on websites that do not disclose the hotel brand until the reservation is completed, such as Priceline and Hotwire.
4.1. Claim Submissions
The “comparison rate” must be found and submitted within 24 hours of making your original Apex Hotels reservation through an Apex Hotels channel. It must be for the same hotel, room type, reservation dates and the same reservation terms should apply to both bookings.
4.2. Verification Process
- Apex Hotels will verify the “comparison rate” within 24 hours and reply to notify you of the results.
- Where a range of rates are available for the same hotel, day and room type, the lowest rate should be booked to be eligible.
- The “comparison rate” must be available to the general public. If the rate is available with Apex Hotels, then that rate should be reserved. Apex Hotels will not charge you for the cancellation fee.
- Apex Hotels is not responsible for any other cancellation or reservation fees incurred by cancelling a reservation on other channels.
- Rate comparisons are made on rates net of any taxes or fees and in the currency of the hotel – GBP.
- Apex Hotels may deny a claim if the difference in the rate is less than £5.00 GBP.
- Apex Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel the guarantee at any time and this guarantee is void where prohibited by law.
5. Check-in and Check-out
Check-in from 14.30 local time and check-out before 11.00 local time.
Upon arrival you will be required to complete in full a registration document. Proof of ID under the name of bedroom reservation will be required at check-in.
You may choose to pay with a credit card. In this case, your credit card will be authorised for the full value of your stay plus £25.00 per night for any incidentals or additional costs charged to your room during your stay. This amount is held on your credit card and will result in the balance of this credit card reducing. If you choose to settle your final account with a different credit card, the original authorisation will take up to a minimum of 10 days to clear from the credit card depending on the credit card issuer.
Alternatively, you may choose to pay with a debit card. In this case we will charge the debit card for the full value of your stay, however, incidentals or additional costs must be settled at time of purchase.
6. Cancellation and non-arrival
6.1. Free cancellation rate
If you need to cancel your reservation, you will need to do so no later than 2pm (local time) the day prior to your arrival. Cancellations after this time will incur a charge equal to the first night of your stay. When cancelling your reservation on the Apex website or via Apex Reservations Centre on 0800 049 8000 you will be given a cancellation reference number. We encourage you to retain this number for your records.
6.2. Non-refundable rates
No refund or transfer is permitted in the event of cancellation.
6.3. Promotional rates
Either the free cancellation policy or non-refundable cancellation policy will apply, this information can be found on the promotional rate information at time of reservation.
Rates quoted are based on check-in date and length of stay. Should you choose to depart early, cancellation charges will apply according to your chosen rate type.
Reservations made through 3rd party websites, such as travel agents or online travel agents, must be cancelled or modified through those travel agents or online travel agents in line with their cancellation terms.
In the case of non-arrival of a guaranteed reservation, the room(s) will be held until 11.00am (local time) the day after the original arrival date, at which time if no confirmation of arrival has been received, the room (s) will be released. The first night of the original reservation will be charged in full. All subsequent nights on the same reservation from and including the second night will be cancelled and cancellation will apply according to your chosen rate type.
Apex Hotels reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or have resulted from a mistake or error.
The resale and/or transfer of a reservation from the name originally reserved is not permitted. In particular, the transfer of rooms and/or allotments to third parties at higher rates than the actual room rate is not permitted.
7. Payment Methods
We accept the following methods of payment
- Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Maestro)
- Debit Cards
From 14th September 2019 to comply with the new Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) requirements the card issuing bank might require a second factor of authentication in order to complete the purchase. For guests failing to provide the second factor of authentication, the card issuing bank will decline the transaction.
8. Reservations of 9 rooms or more
Reservations consisting of or which total 9 rooms or more will be treated as a group reservation and group rates and terms and conditions will apply.
Group requests should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0800 049 8301
Apex Hotels reserves the right to cancel group reservations of 9 rooms or more made on Free Cancellation rates through the Apex Hotels website.
Long stay reservations or individual reservations over the value of £2,000 may be subject to a longer cancellation term.
9. Pet Policy
No pets allowed other than Guide dogs or Service animals. Please notify the hotel at time of reservation if bringing a Guide dog or Service animal.
10. Smoking & Electronic Cigarette/Vaping Policy
Please note that smoking and the use of Vaporisers or Electronic Cigarettes is strictly forbidden in bedrooms and all public areas. Should we believe that guests have been smoking or vaping in bedrooms or any other part of the hotel, a fee of £100 will be charged for specialised cleaning and guests may be asked to leave the premises.
In the event a bedroom is not available in the chosen hotel or in cases of force majeure the hotel reserves the possibility of relocating the guest totally or partially in a hotel of equivalent category for the same services. Any additional cost of the room and transportation costs between the two hotels will be the responsibility of the hotel.
12. Special Requests
Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate special requests, they cannot be guaranteed.
It is the responsibility of the guest to advise the hotel of any allergies or intolerances they have before consuming food or beverage in the hotels. All our kitchens and outlets may use and process nuts, peanuts and other seeds.
The images of our rooms and facilities on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Your room or the facilities you use during your stay may vary slightly from those images. Your reservation is for a specific room type and whilst we will try to accommodate specific room requests, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that you will be able to stay in a specific room during your stay.
15. Car parking
If a parking space is provided to a guest in the hotel car park, this does not constitute a safekeeping agreement, even if a fee is exchanged. Apex Hotels assumes no liability for loss of or damage to motor vehicles parked or manoeuvred on the hotel’s property and the contents thereof, except for cases of intent or gross negligence.
In the event of malicious, wilful or negligent behaviour or other property damage or theft, Apex Hotels will seek to recover from a guest, (a) the cost of repairs or replacements of any damage or loss caused by the guest or others for whom they are responsible and (b) loss of revenue caused by a bedroom damaged by a guest being unsellable, at the room only best available rate, until the bedroom can be resold, up to a maximum of 3 nights after the guest leaves the premises, or when the damage occurred, whichever is the later. We also reserve the right to terminate, without compensation or further obligation, the reservation if it is deemed that the guest's behaviour is unsociable, abusive or in any way unacceptable to ourselves or any other guest. In such circumstances the guest accepts that they will be required to immediately leave the premises. Apex Hotels have zero-tolerance on any and all criminal activity and will work with authorities to seek prosecution herewith.
In addition, if a guest is responsible for triggering a false alarm at the fire department (for example by smoking in guest rooms), all costs incurred shall be borne by the guest.
17. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be held liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement for failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement to the extent, and for so long as, such failure or delay is caused by or results from causes beyond the reasonable control of the affected party, including but not limited to fire, floods, embargoes, war, acts of war (whether war be declared or not), acts of terrorism, insurrections, riots, civil commotions, strikes, lockouts or other labour disturbances, acts of God or acts, omissions or delays in acting by any governmental authority or the other party, circumstance or emergency, making it impossible, illegal or preventing guests from staying in our hotels.
18. Data Protection
All personal data that Apex Hotels Ltd may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the clients rights under the GDPR.
For complete details of Apex Hotels Ltd collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of the clients rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to Apex Hotels Ltd Privacy Notice.
Apex Hotels Ltd Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com